Pages

Friday 19 November 2010

Ding...Level 70 :)

Well, its been just over a month since I started playing my Priestess and last night I dinged 70. (with 150 hours of playtime in the game) I feel like its taken no time at all, and I'm already feeling powerful! I'm not looking at 80 as being the level cap, I'm thinking of it as 85 because I know that realistically there is no way that I'll reach 80 before Cataclysm is released...and part of me doesn't want to try and make that push because I feel like I've levelled so quickly the world has gone by in a blur, and I would like to sit back and just enjoy the ride to the level cap before all the end game fun starts.



I headed to Northrend at 68, and I must say a 'thank you' to those of you on Twitter who confirmed that since patch 4.0.1 Cold Weather Flying is available at 68 for first time people. I think I would have struggled to enjoy northrend without the ability to fly after only learning it a few levels before and feeling the freedom that comes with it.

I was so excited to reach Dalaran...it was as if that had been my aim in the game so far. I remember watching my husband run round dalaran on his level 80 even before I started playing the game, and I remember thinking it looked so amazing...and I finally did it...think I must have spent an hour or more just exploring the city and the shops...my favourite being the toy shop!





I also did my first Northrend dungeon - Utgarde Keep (twice) I died on 3 occasions once when I got thrown into another mob in the Dragonflayer Pens which was just too much to handle all at once. Another when mines were exploding but the group wasn't moving away and I died trying to heal them and the third time was when an ice tomb got the tank in Reaver's Hall and none of the dps made any attempt to break the tomb, I got the aggro and died within seconds...but we got through it and i enjoyed it overall. On both occasions no nice cloth loot dropped but the rewards for the quests were all significant upgrades.

Was there a real point to this blog post? No. I'm just so excited to reach Northrend and 70 that I just had to share!

No comments: