Pages

Wednesday 3 November 2010

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope"

I decided that since I am making progress in my other professions - I have 275 in Alchemy, 200 in Herbalism, 295 in Cooking and 293 in First Aid - I had better make a start on Fishing.

I have to say, the idea of spending time fishing is about the same as the idea that sicking needles in my eyes would be fun...and fishing in game didn't appeal any more than that either, but I got a fishing rod as quest reward and decided to spend an hour fishing and see how it went. I am also motivated to fish by the fact that I need certain fish for alchemy and I don't fancy getting ripped off, by buying it from the auction house.

Since I was in Orgrimmar I decided to head to Sen'jin Village and see what I could catch...and it took very little time to get:



followed by:


and then the Journeyman achievement:


I then decided to stay fishing inside Orgrimmar as I had discovered I could get the Old Crafty achievement if I caught him and suddenly the fishing had a purpose, each time I reeled in a fish that wasn't old crafty I sent the line out again...I realise this is how real fishermen must feel when they are trying to catch a particular fish.

Before long I had caught 100 fish:


and achieved the Expert Fisherman achievement:


but still no Old Crafty so called it an afternoon with 151 in fishing, so my verdict on fishing...well, I actually found it quite therapeutic and certainly when I don't have questing to do I shall be getting out my fishing rod and waiting for the elusive Old Crafty...it has become a mission and obsession of mine to catch him...but as to whether I will bother with Old Ironjaw...maybe when I'm level 80 and feeling brave!



No comments: