Pages

Monday 28 March 2011

Weekend Round-Up

Well I've just finished my first weekend back in WoW after moving house etc. Its good to be back.

I did another PuG Baradin Hold and got an epic PvP cloak: Vicious Gladiator's Drape of Prowess, so in order to get some use out of the bits of PvP gear I have, husband and I did a few random battlegrounds. I never stand a chance against a rogue or druid but I'm there for healing rather than trying to kill people, if I get a couple of killing blows, I'm happy. During an Isle of Conquest battleground, I managed to gain the achievement Back Door Job.

We also did a few heroic runs, they feel no more taxing than a normal instance now, so we did 4 last night alone, and during a Halls of Origination run I got the 'Sun of a...' achievement. I also finally got enough valor points to get myself some epic shoes, Slippers of Moving Waters.

In other news, I've decided that the next step for myself in WoW is to raid, and I know husband has been looking forward to raiding again, so I've been researching tactics for various raid instances, and I'm working my way through them at the moment, but to see me would think I was revising for a degree in raids. My desk is covered in sheets of paper, detailing overall tactics to the fight, and then what, I as a healer need to look out for, I have bits highlighted, some underlined and a nice folder to keep all my notes safe. I'm watching videos on youtube and pausing every few seconds so I can write down what was just said, and then watching it all the way through to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Excitingly, a friend of mine has just joined WoW, she is playing a Troll Hunter on my server, and I hope she is having a good time! Plan is to give a hand with some quests when I'm around and about. When I first started playing and my husband was playing his max level Priest, it was really helpful to have someone around to keep me alive and it meant I levelled quite quickly. When we both started new characters, it was fun to have someone to talk and play with and we were a team to be reckoned with...we still are (hehe)
Also, a player that used to play with my husband, who is also rather legendary, has come back to the game and has brought his fiancee along, its great to see two women starting to play, and I hope they both enjoy it as much as I do and it's good to see you back Viene! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Viene's back!? Where!?