Pages

Friday 25 March 2011

PuG Diary: Vortex Pinnacle 25th March 2011

My first entry in my PuG Diary. :)

Friday 25th March 2011, 4.30pm


I got the usual adrenalin rush as the load screen came up and felt disappointed that it was the Vortex Pinnacle. I've not hidden the fact that I don't like Vortex Pinnacle, for a while when cataclysm first came out I really struggled with Altairus. I couldn't see the wind...despite trying numerous different tactics, but I think I just had a psychological block to it because once I had beaten it, I've had no trouble since. (I know there was a change to it in a patch but i beat it before the changes) even so, I just don't enjoy it as much as some of the others.

Today I was running with a Druid Tank who had a couple of unecnhanted items, but more annoyingly had a hard time keeping aggro. The DPS consisted of a Mage who put out about 10k DPS, a Hunter who did the same despite having 5 unenchanted items, and a Warrior without trinkets who put out12k, but also generated alot of threat. In the end the Tank took 47% of my heals and the Warrior took just under 35%.

Healing wise it was quite a tough run because of the amount of damage that was spread out and some silly mistakes like not pulling the young storm dragon from his healing circle. Otherwise it was an uneventful run, rather boring, no wipes and the tank was happy to stop when I need a mana break.

No comments: