Pages

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Weekly Round-Up

Well,

Its been a while since I've written a weekly round up of everything that's happened in-game, but its time for one of those again...


My First Rated Battleground

Last night I took part in my first ever rated battleground, and I loved it. Being in a battleground and on vent at the same time is a strange experience but it was great to co-ordinate attacks and offense/defence...certainly blew pug battlegrounds out of the water. 

Starting a Twin Peaks in the Alliance starting area on my very first one, did throw me. It took me a while to figure out where I was and then to remember which flag carrier was ours. That's something I need to get used to, but I'm glad I wasn't the only one slightly thrown.

It still feels strange for me speaking on vent, but it comes down to confidence which will grow with time. I listened to what I was being told to do, tried to speak as much on vent as possible and I hope I did a good job, for my first evening of runs - I'm very happy.

We had a very good win in Twin Peaks where we literally had a minute to kill the enemy flag carrier, we did it and our flag was capped and we won, and one Battle for Gineas which was very close, but sadly we lost - only by a few points. 

All in all, I took part in 8 battlegrounds and we won 4 and lost 4, and so for my first time, and a couple of others first times, I was really pleased with how we did overall and think that given time and more experience the guild could get a really strong team.

So the guild, are deciding to set up a PvP rank and I'm seriously considering applying seeing as PvP is my main focus in the game. I guess I'm worried about making a fool of myself in my application, but I've got nothing to lose so definitely going to go for it...watch this space for an update.


Archaeology

I have to say, I'm not a massive fan of this profession and since I started my Death Knight, my skill has sat at 1, and seeing as I'm still in the process of levelling my other professions (Mining and Jewelcrafting) I always thought it would be last on my list...but, the husband starting doing it and I hate to be left behind, so I begrudgingly started too. Its something we've been doing in between battlegrounds. 

My skill is now 140 and I got the rare Druid and Priest Statue Set, which gave me the title Assistant Professor and is a fairly cool item. 

That title is the first one I've earned on my Death Knight and given me a strange love for Archaeology, I still think its a boring and long winded profession but its also strangely addictive.


Googee

I have to take a moment to mention this character. Googee is a Troll Hunter who is played by my real life friend. Googee is at level 84, and I've been assured by my friend that she will be level 85 tomorrow...I am holding her to that! 

I had the chance to run a normal Cataclysm dungeon with her the other day. We got Throne of the Tides, I was happy to run through the dungeon, as Churel my Priestess got an outing, and I so rarely play her these days. It was nice to heal without any pressure, without any mana issues and just enjoy it for what it was. I thought I had forgotten how to play Churel but instinctively it all came back, even remembering which key my dispel was bound to, and I think Husband enjoyed dusting off his Warrior Tank.

Googee did really well in the dungeon, but occasionally she comes under fire from some unpleasant players. I'd just like to say that just because a character has reached the level cap does not mean they are an expert in the class or game. Levelling is so quick now, that it really takes more time at the cap or experience playing other characters before you know your role inside and out. I've now been playing WoW for 9 months, pretty much everyday, and I'm still nowhere near an expert, so please, take a moment to remember what it was like when you first started - and give the new people a break, and be a bit more understanding. We all play for fun and the pettiness, sniping and moaning make it an unpleasant experience for everyone involved. 

I'm really amazed at the progress my friend has made in the short time she has been playing WoW...


Real-Life

Finally taking a moment to explain why my last post was a couple of weeks ago...I was getting myself ready to take part in the Race for Life. I've never taken part in any runs before, and despite sponsoring other people who were raising money, it's been a long time since I got out there to raise money for something myself. 

I took part in the 5k race on Sunday just gone, and raised £139 for a charity close to my heart. I'll definitely be doing it again next year, the atmosphere was great with over 2500 ladies running on the day, I feel good for doing something worthwhile and I got a medal too...woohoo.

Photobucket
(This was taken after the Race. We are the ladies from Bootcamp, Paul is our Trainer, I'm 4th from Left with number 32376, the blonde next to me holding a jacket is my Mom and the dog is our Mascot)




I have made this blog longer than usual because I lack the time to make it shorter. ;) Peace. 

No comments: