Pages

Monday 6 June 2011

Stepping into the Arena

Well, having finally got Sheorc in full Honor gear we decided it was about time I see what Arena's are like. I still haven't experienced rated battlegrounds, old content raids and Wintergrasp, but hopefully I can experience those at some point soon.

As we joined the queue for my first ever match, I have to say I was a little bit nervous. I cant remember what we faced as I was just full of adrenaline, we didn't win that match mostly because I wasn't thinking clearly and just spamming and not sure who to attack first, but won the next one which gave me the achievement Step Into The Arena which was against a Frost Mage and Shaman.

We then spent the rest of the evening in the arenas, I need a victory in the Ring of Valor, in fact I haven't even had a match in there yet, in order to get the achievement World Wide Winner. Considering it's brand new to me winning 40% of the matches we did, makes me feel pretty happy. My favourite win was against 2 Frost Mages and the funniest loss must have been against a Resto Druid and a Frost Mage. The Frost Mage had about 25% health left and I made a mistake which basically allowed him to be healed and after a long fight I died, they then ganged up to kill husband on his Disc Priest and it took them a further 10 minutes to kill him! He kept running out of line of sight and fearing them, in the end it was the fact he'd run out of mana that allowed them to kill him. Nevertheless, it was funny giving that team the run around and making them work really hard for their victory. My fastest death was to a Warrior and my fastest kill was against a Hunter...in fact in every team we came up against with a hunter we won.

Everytime we lost a match we discussed the tactics for beating it next time, and we are having alot of fun in the process. Even though I've reached the conquest cap for the week, we're going to continue having matches because its good experience and enjoyable - even when we lose.

When I first started playing WoW, I hated all aspects of PvP thinking it was completely "disgusting"' and it took me ages to just do my first battleground. If I had thought then, that in a few months time it would be my favourite aspect of the game I would have just laughed, no way in a million years was I going to PvP.


(nervously awaiting my first arena match)

(stalemate so the other group left the arena)

(winning score against a Warrior and Rogue)

No comments: