Pages

Friday 14 January 2011

I'm Feeling Fine

So I'm pinching the idea for this post from here, and as the writer suggests, a month into cataclysm is the perfect time to look at how we feel.




This video used the REM song It's The End Of The World As We Know It and until very recently I wasn't enjoying Cataclysm.

Anyone who knows me can confirm, me and the prospect of change don't go hand in hand.

  • I hated the fact that abilities and talents changed - WTF Chakra? (I actually cried about chakra! yes I am 23 years old and I cried, and now its my go-to all the time) 
  • I was frustrated with the changes in Orgrimmar
  • Found all dungeons too hard, 
  • Dismayed at the fact that I had 24 hours at level 80 before the grind to level to the cap started again but...

I soon grew to love the changes, the new places: Mount HyjalVashj'irUldumDeepholm and Twilight Highlands are fantastic. Uldum is my favourite, and surprisingly, although I didnt like the Twilight Highlands at first, I actually think its my second favourite now, although that is probably due to the cut scenes with Deathwing.

Within a couple of weeks I grew comfortable with the new abilities of my class, and having fun with Leap of Faith (although I think my husband would disagree) There is a great comic here!

SHANNON: Man thats going to be the most abused spell ever
AMUL: I know right? That's why they are giving it to us Holy Priests. You know, for safe keeping.

As I levelled and gear got better the dungeons became easier, I can now get through most of the normal 85 dungeons without loosing all my mana, even managing some bosses without falling below 85% and now that I have changed guilds and feeling happier and more confident - heroics don't seem out of reach, they feel challenging and difficult but that's how they should be according to Lead Systems Designer Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street on his blog entry Wow, Dungeons are Hard!

It's taken literally weeks, but I finally know my way around Orgrimmar - just about, and conclude that it looks so much better than before.





So one month into Cataclysm and I certainly am feeling fine I just hope it continues!


Which changes do you like/dislike? please comment below :)

No comments: